Do you live in San Antonio, TX? Versatile Insurance Planners can explain why automobile insurance is a must. New Hampshire and Virginia are the only two states in the country where it is not required. While it can play havoc with your life and finances, there are other reasons why it is so important.
- By Texas law, drivers are required to show proof they can pay for accidents they cause. If you get stopped by a policeman or highway patrolman, you could get jail time or at least a hefty fine. Law enforcement is not very forgiving of an uninsured driver.
- Liability insurance will pay for repairs or replacement of the other driver’s vehicle or damaged property and their medical expenses if you are at fault.
- You will be compensated if you are injured, or another driver damages your car.
- Your car will be repaired regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive insurance covers damage resulting from theft, floods, vandalism, falling trees, animal encounters, and more.
- Collision insurance will cover the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle if you cause an accident or if the other driver has no insurance.
- If an accident is your fault, liability insurance will protect your assets. With no insurance, it is possible to lose your home.
- For any passengers in your vehicle that may be injured, insurance will cover their medical bills if you are found to be at fault.
- Finally, automobile insurance can provide peace of mind as it protects you and your financial future.
It is important to note that in an insured driver accident, everyone suffers – not just the uninsured driver. The only winners in an uninsured motorist claim are the attorneys.
If you want the assurance you will come out of a potential encounter with another vehicle intact, the insurance professionals at Versatile Insurance Planners in San Antonio can explain how. Contact them today.