If you want to protect yourself, you need to know the basics of the different types of auto policies. Whether you are driving an old beater or a brand new car, you have considerations to make about which policy will prove the most valuable to you. The primary categories of car insurance are basic, extended, and premium. Versatile Insurance Planners of San Antonio, TX will examine all of your options and answer any questions that you may have about the policy that is right for you.
Basic Auto Insurance Policy
Three basic types of auto insurance include:
- Collision – This covers any damage that occurs to your car that is your fault. Sometimes you may be driving an old beater and decide not to use this coverage and retire the car instead because the deductible may outweigh the actual value of the vehicle.
- Liability – Doesn’t protect you but protects anyone that you are "at fault" for hitting including property and bodily damage.
- Comprehensive – Recover damages from theft, fire, or natural disaster.
This is the bare minimum in insurance that most can’t risk not to have.
Extended Auto Insurance Policies
After you have your basic policy covered, you may decide to add on additional policies. Here are some options:
- Guaranteed Auto Protect (GAP)
- Medical Expense Coverage (MedPay)
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorists
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Premium Auto Insurance
Sometimes this is called full coverage. If you have a car with a loan, you will be required to have this policy with the bells and whistles included. Here are some things that may be included in this policy.
- Rental Reimbursement
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Coverage
- Mechanical Breakdowns
- Custom Equipment Coverage
- Roadside Assistance
- Umbrella Insurance
- Glass Coverage
Versatile Insurance Planners in San Antonio, TX has You Covered
We will ensure that you don’t spend more money on coverage than you need. We work with several insurance companies so that we can get you precisely the right kind of insurance that you need that is most valuable to you and your lifestyle. To find out more, visit our office or give us a call at 210-858-9860.